On this page, I share the most useful resources I’ve found and use.
This page contains affiliate links, meaning I earn a commission if you purchase anything, at no extra cost to you.
These featured resources include:
- Recommended reading.
- Courses I’ve personally taken.
- Tools to help manage your social media.
- WordPress Resources.
- The equipment I use.
Books To Read
- Atomic Habits by James Clear. Read my post all about using gratitude and productivity for goal setting.
- Enchantment by Guy Kawasaki.
- Boost Blog Traffic Ebook by TheSheApproach.
- The Complete Roadmap to Building a Profitable Side Hustle.
The Best Pinterest Course
I earn money from ad revenue on my blogs. But how do I get views? Pinterest!
Pinterest is a goldmine for traffic, but it can be a challenge to get started.
I personally took this course, and recommend it above all others. Why? It focuses on manual pinning and creating ‘fresh pins’, as well as teaching you how to optimise your Pinterest boards and profile. This means you can get brilliant results without paying for Tailwind.
Once you’re started with Pinterest, one way to speed up pin design is to use pre-made templates. I’m working on creating my own Canva templates for Pinterest, I’ll update this page when I release them!
I currently reach 28,000 monthly sessions and 30,000 monthly page views on my lifestyle blog, mostly thanks to Pinterest!
If you’re looking to get started with affiliate marketing, I recommend signing up to Ultimate Bundles.
- They pay you 40% commission.
- Their ebook & course bundles range in genre, fitting many niches.
- New bundles are released often, and the flash sales are very popular.
- The content is valuable.
- Their online portal for affiliates is filled with information, webinars, promotion graphics and other resources to help you.
Other Affiliate Marketing Resources
- Affiliate Programs Masterlist containing 640+ affiliate programs you can join, in 19 different niches.
- Get Paid To Pin. A guide to affiliate marketing on Pinterest.
- Amazon Affiliate Affluence Ebook by Blogging Her Way. Focused making money with Amazon Associates.
- Free Affiliate Marketing Course. A 5-day video email course for beginners.
You’ve probably already heard of Skillshare, but in case you haven’t: it’s an online learning platform, filled with courses on pretty much any topic.
Skillshare’s courses are created by experts, and are incredibly useful.
You can learn all about SEO, digital marketing, and blogging with Skillshare. Alternatively, you could learn a new creative hobby like photography, music, or drawing.
Read my blog post all about Skillshare to find out my top recommended classes.
Blog Photography & Instagram
Presets by Lisa
I use several Lightroom presets for quick and easy photo editing. I find them particularly useful for maintaining an Instagram theme!
My favourites are from Presets by Lisa. You can get 30% off with the code STAYATHOME.
Maybe you don’t want to learn how to take high-quality photos? Don’t worry, there are many places to find professional stock photos online.
Unsplash is a great place to find free stock photos, I have some of my own uploaded there if you want to check them out. The downside to Unsplash is that because the photographs are free to use, often the best pictures can be found everywhere on the web.
You want your blog / business website to stand out, right?
That’s where professional paid stock photos can come in handy.
Ivory Mix is a fantastic resource for paid high-quality stock photos, and they have VIP bundles available too.
They definitely help convert viewers into followers, without being too intrusive! You can choose what you’d like to feature on your pop-up, from your Facebook Page to your email list subscription form!
If you’re not ready for a Self-Hosted website with WordPress.org, WordPress.com offer very affordable plans including a domain and hosting. You won’t have all the features of hosting your own website, but it’s a great place to start!
Whenever I need some digital resources, I head to Creative Market. It’s THE place for WordPress themes, fonts, Photoshop mockup templates, logos, photos, and so much more.
Make sure to check them out and grab their 6 free resources every week!
Powered by Creative Market
Have a read of this blog post featuring 15 Easy-To-Make Digital Products, for ideas about what you could sell on Creative Market with your own digital shop!
Other Resources & Equipment I Use
- NordVPN. A VPN is so important for secure and private internet use!
- Canva. A free graphics design website. Very useful for creating pins and social media graphics! Their pro version comes with a lot of upgraded features too.
- 442 Social Media Graphic Templates for Canva.
- SendOwl. A great platform for selling digital products!
- CircleBoom. I use this for managing my Twitter accounts. This includes scheduling tweets, removing inactive accounts, deleting old tweets, and finding good content to share.